The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Qualcomm is the industry leader in 3G, 4G and 5G communication technology and designs the most advanced radio technology in the commercial wireless marketplace, from LTE to Bluetooth.
QCT’s RF EM Team is actively seeking engineers with demonstrated experience in the design, EM simulation, and circuit modeling of RF passive components for use in our RFIC designs. Exposure to RF package, module, and PCB design and modeling is a plus.
- Knowledge of PCB level Power Distribution Network (PDN) and RF transmission line layout and analysis is an asset.
- Working experience and knowledge of Power Amplifier (PA) and Low Noise Amplifier (LNA) matching is an advantage.
- Basic understanding of patch antenna design parameters and matching is also desired.
- Design and develop RF passive components for use in the next generation of highly integrated RF integrated circuits in deep sub-micron 28nm and 14ff CMOS and SOI technologies.
- Work with the circuit design team to optimize component sizes and performance for use in RF circuit blocks.
- Deliver components that include compact models, and DRC clean physical designs.
- Execute isolation analysis and optimization to reduce on-chip and chip to package coupling.
- Optimization of multichip carriers for RF systems, focusing on loss and isolation.
- Participate in RF package, module, and PCB modeling to optimize overall system performance
- All Qualcomm employees are expected to actively support diversity on their teams, and in the Company.
- Experience in the design and simulation of RF passive components such as inductors, transformers, MOM capacitors and passive filters.
- Demonstrated abilities with EM simulation techniques and tool including MoM EM solvers and HFSS.
- Experience with circuit design and layout using Cadence tools and Agilent ADS.
- Compact RLCK Model extraction of multiport passive components.
- Ability to use EM tools to predict circuit level electric and magnetic coupling.
- Understanding of Chip fabrication process and design understanding
- Electromagnetic theory, microwave theory and design
- Antenna design and understanding of radiation and propagation wave
- Good understanding of SI and PI at chip, package, and PCB level
- Basic RF system understanding
- Understanding of noise propagation mechanism in chip, package, and PCB
- Tools: Ansys Suit (HFSS, Q3D, SiWave, Layout), Lorentz, Helic, EMX, Cadence virtuoso, Allegro or similar for Package/Module layout, Expedition (or similar) for PCB layout and schematic, VRF
- Passionate self-starter and team player with experience in project leadership and multi-tasking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 2+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
Bachelors – Engineering, Bachelors – Science
4+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.