- Advertisement -
APPLY HERE ON LINKEDIN
Company: Skyroot Aerospace
About Skyroot Aerospace
Skyroot Aerospace is a National award-winning growth-stage start-up founded by former ISRO scientists. Our mission is to “Open Space for All”, by providing Affordable, Reliable, and Responsive space launch solutions. We are a close-knit team of Space professionals building leading space launch vehicles from India for the world.
- Advertisement -
This profile seeks to hire a competent Embedded Hardware Design Engineer to work on Skyroot’s onboard Avionics modules. This will be an individual contributor role, where the selected candidate is expected to design, implement, and test Avionics modules that go onboard the launch vehicle.
- Design, development, and testing of Avionics boards going as on-board modules onto the launch vehicle.
- Hardware schematic design, component selection, prototype board bring-up, and debugging issue tracking. functional verification, integration & qualification
- Ensure hardware qualification for the launch vehicle environmental specifications.
- Interact with vendors for procurement and development activities.
- Work closely with firmware/software development engineers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelors / Masters in Electronics Engineering or equivalent (ECE / EEE / EIE / Mechatronics) with 2-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Professional experience with designing FPGA/SoC-based digital, mixed-signal boards.
- Experience with hardware/software toolchains:
- Excellent proficiency with schematic capture and PCB design tools.
- Dexterity with test equipment (Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, DMMs, etc.) is required.
- Proficiency in C, VHDL, and LabVIEW is a big plus.
- Good understanding & experience in designing sub-sections of boards like power supply, microcontroller, ADC/DAC, protection circuits, isolation circuits, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of various electronic components available in the market.
- Good understanding of Aerospace grade Avionics systems, signal integrity, reliability, grounding, and isolation guidelines.
- Good understanding of various figures of merit (specifications) in datasheets
- Good understanding of all basic circuit configurations: Voltage divider, Pull-up / Pull-down circuits, Inverting / Non-inverting amplifier, RC / LC filters, MOSFET-based switches, AC coupling techniques, Biasing techniques, Buck / Boost converters, etc.
- Methodical work culture, documentation & tracking is a must
- Articulate written & verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding start-up atmosphere
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on complex problems
- Passion for advancing the commercial space industry in India