Location: Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment/business existence REAL.
No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified below and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
What we’re looking for:
We believe in the power of people. We are a network strategy and technology company that is motivated by making a difference in people’s lives – their productivity, creativity, their health, and comfort. That’s why our engineer’s design and implement technologies that allow people to do great things.
With the customer, proven capabilities, the Ciena Packet Networking Hardware team will focus on the design of Next-generation Access Platforms with enhanced Routing and MPLS capabilities to take advantage of worldwide market opportunities as Service Providers virtualize their networks, unify their legacy networks, and prepare for 5G.
We are looking for a high-performing Hardware Engineer to join the Automation Development & Validation team.
What will you do at Ciena?
- The candidate will be involved in the design and development of Networking Platforms for our next-generation carrier-class networking products across the product line.
- This position will focus on various aspects of validation via Automation e.g., Optics Qual, Automation Framework development, Sanity Tests, DVT & Supporting MFG Testing.
- As part of a team, you will be introduced to useful tools and resources that will help you grow both professionally and personally.
- It is a unique opportunity to develop your engineering knowledge and skills in an environment dedicated to maintaining industry superiority.
- The candidate will be expected to provide a basic assessment of their work including effort estimation, status reporting, etc.
- The candidate will get enough exposure for continuous learning and development of skills in the related domain.
• Good understanding of Python, and Labview.
• Good understanding of Networking layers.
• Good understanding of algorithms and developing logic for solving critical problems.
• Good understanding of Digital design and Microprocessor related Concepts, etc.
• Good design, testing, troubleshooting, and documentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with a strong “can do” belief, who can work in a dynamic environment with little supervision.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s/ Master’s degree in Electronics and Communication or a related discipline.