Microcontrollers & Digital ICs Group (MDG) contributes to many of ST’s strategic goals for Industrial, Personal Electronics and Communications Equipment. MDG represents about one third of ST’s business.
MDG represents around 3 000 employees (mainly R&D teams in France) located in 40 countries, with a revenue of above 3 billion dollars in 2020. It is addressing 2 major activities: first, General Purpose (GP) Microcontrollers, Memories and Secure Micro (MMS Subgroup) covers all products based on Non-Volatile Memory technologies. It represents 80% of MDG business and second, The RFC Sub-Group focusing on Radio Frequency, Digital & Mixed Signals activities, represents 20% of MDG business.
- The General-Purpose Microcontroller Sub-Group (GPM) is the largest division at ST Microelectronics and the world leader in the microcontroller market supported by our STM32 products.
- Leader in the Internet of Things market which is a rapidly expanding sector driven by strong growth, GPM Division asserts its ambition in the Microcontroller market (STM32) by continuing to innovate and to bring tomorrow’s solutions.
- Passionate & motivated join our team of state of the art engineers.
Role & Responsibility
As SOC BE Engineer, you’ll be responsible for Physical Design of STM32 SOCs including:
- Parts of Chip Implementation (RTL to GDSII) using leading edge technologies & tools.
- Synthesis and Timing signoff
- Work as a team at every stage to get best QOR through optimum placement , CTS and timing closure
- Integration of analog IPs
- Addressing Multi-supply, Multi-mode, Multi-corner scenarios alongside complex multiple clock structures.
- Constantly challenge & innovate to improve the product PPA
- Understand system and develop constraints for Synthesis and Implementation.
- You’ll be working in an empowered environment with state of the art methodologies and tools, to contribute to STM32 worldwide success.
- A multicultural environment and its diversity are the strength of our dynamic team. A structured development plan will evolve with you along all your career.
- We are looking for people with enthusiasm, constantly curious and creative towards continuous innovation, with good communication skills.
Bachelors/Masters in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
Technical Skills/Knowledge Requirements:
- Knowledge of portions of full RTL to GDSII flow ( Synthesis, STA, Floorplan, CTS, PnR, DRC/LVS, SI, IR Drop )
- Hands-on experience with industry leading EDA tools used in the BE flow
- Drive to continuously improve design PPA & also improve methodologies with innovation
- Should have good understanding of verilog/VHDL
- Exposure to low power techniques
- Knowledge of tcl and perl scripting is a must
Personality & Soft Skill Requirements:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent team player & collaborative attitude
- Passionate and motivated to make a difference
- Proactive, Enthusiastic, Creative & Innovative
- Sense of Urgency