Purpose of the Job
- Troubleshooting of Alstom products at customer site in order to ensure their availability.
- Provide technical expertise to subcontractors, warranty support team, project team members and less experienced personnel.
Organization structure (job belongs to..)
Product Introduction Management of Site, Country, Cluster, Region or Platform
Reports directly to:
PI Customer Site Manager
Other reporting to:
Troubleshooting Manager or Leader (if applicable)
Troubleshooter (if applicable)
Network & Links
- Customer Site PI team
- PI Support team
- RAMS team
- Project Engineering team
- Installation and Test & Commissioning team (if applicable)
- Internal Supplier representatives (Components/PU)
- Maintenance/Service team (if Alstom)
- Global System representatives (if applicable)
- Customer site team
- Customer maintenance team (if not Alstom)
- External Supplier representative
Mission & Responsibilities
- Being part of, and providing technical support to the autonomous teams in the way of fault finding expertise and assistance with train repair activities.
- Providing technical support as required to Infrastructure maintenance
- Collate data from system event downloads and depot reports for all service failures. Analyse corresponding data with the objective of determining the failure mode and compiling a test/rectification report.
- Collate and analyse data from system event downloads to identify any minor failures that require corrective maintenance.
- Collate fault data and position into appropriate shared drive facility.
- Accompany test runs when required.
- Attend breakdowns or support intervention at other site(s) to provide technical assistance.
- Identify failure modes that are Infrastructure based and inform Fleet Control and review their progress on the repairs.
- Collate and analyse data from system event downloads to identify any failure trends / anomalies and inform Engineering / Reliability Teams of possible improvements.
- Liaise with Safety Team and provide detailed reports of system performance when requested.
- Liaise with Fleet Engineers and provide technical assistance where required.
- Liaise with Engineering groups and assist in their investigation/reliability studies.
Assist in the pre work planning of all shifts working closely with the Production Manager in order to produce an accurate “Planning War Board”, by providing detailed information of planned work (times, number of man etc) to be carried out by all Troubleshooters.
Support development of the skills knowledge transfer and training within autonomous teams.
- Understand and abide to safety notices, rules and regulations and follow safe working practices compliant with local standards.
- Comply with all EHS protection and AZDP measures.
Key Performance Indicators
- Ability to accurately trouble shoot, diagnose technical faults and effect repairs within the agreed allocated times
- Accurate reporting of issues identified and corrective actions
- Proactive escalation of technical issues and resolution support with Engineering teams
An Engineering qualification such as Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
Desired Knowledge / Experience
- Practical experience and a sound knowledge of Rolling Stock sub-systems and Infrastructure equipment as required.
- Technical experience and expertise in fault finding and implementing repairs
- Competent is use of diagnostic tools and software
- Languages : Country language
- Team Player. Spirit of “Team Trust Action”
- Escalates arising issues in a timely manner, communicates progress of operations
- Logical and organized
- Willing to share suggestions for improvement
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- IT skills – competent user of a Personal Computer, including office packages, e-mail and intranet.