The person will be part of AMD’s CPU verification team. This team is part of AMD’s global CPU verification teams and plays a critical role in next generation AMD CPU design verification. Involves having a deep understanding of existing AMD X86 CPU architecture and microarchitecture ranging from CPU pipeline stages to various complex features and structures, debugging functional issues of RTL and verification components of latest gen CPU in pre-silicon and emulation environment.
We highly encourage people with a creative bent of mind and with a natural ability to dive into the details. This team is a perfect place for people who can understand the present and envision the future. If you find yourself to be a person who wants to go that extra mile to refine an existing process and also understands the opportunities to make it better, if you are the one who has innovative ideas in your brain waiting to find a proper stage to come out, we can offer you the perfect ground for that.
Should have excellent interpersonal, communication skills, and ability to work in a fast-paced exciting environment. Continuous learning has always been the moto in this ever-changing industry. An ideal person for this role should be a self-learner and always ready to upgrade his/her skills to stay abreast with the technology. The team looks for superstars but also believes in nurturing you into one. Collaboration is the key to success. The ideal candidate should learn at a great pace, deliver what is expected, and also share your learning in the team to help the overall growth. It’s always We before Me in the team
- Debug triage of failures from simulation and emulation environment for CORE or sub-level regressions.
- Writing automatized triages in Perl/Ruby and creating tools using Perl/ruby or AMD verification methodology (primarily in C++) to enhance the functional debug and triage process.
- Debugging/Write test cases in assembly language.
- On a need basis, work on Post-Si bug recreation
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in ASIC Design Verification, with knowledge of Computer Architecture
- Solid background and understanding of Digital Design, RTL design and strong troubleshooting, analytical and debugging skills.
- Must have excellent knowledge of design & verification flows.
- Excellent hands-on debug skills
- Any Verification methodology involving OOPs concepts C++, OVM/UVM methodology knowledge and experience is a plus.
- Prior experience in functional verification of Processor subsystems such as x86 or ARM domain-based Cores is a plus
Preferably B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.