Job Description Summary
Rotational Engineering Leadership program committed to growing GE’s entry level, high potential talent-people with a passion for technology, a drive for technical excellence, professional skills and GE values-by accelerating their development through intense technical training and a variety of business critical assignments.
The GE Research Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP) will prepare you for an exciting career in engineering research that will have real impact on GE’s businesses and customers around the world.
In the GE Research EEDP, you will:
- Work on at least 3 research projects over 2-3 years in a variety of disciplines.
- Grow your technical expertise in your chosen field and expand your skills in new areas.
- Collaborate with diverse teams to develop innovative technologies for aviation, healthcare, power, and renewable energy.
- Receive technical training, mentorship, and coaching from world-class technologists and experienced technical managers.
- Participate in leadership development training with GE program members from other businesses and locations
- Share project progress internally and externally through presentations, written reports, and IP disclosures.
Current research areas include:
- model-based control, advanced control algorithms, and optimization
- electric machine design and control
- power electronics and electric power systems
- mechanical structure analysis and computation (FEA)
- advanced mechanical systems (bearings, gears, couplings, and rotors)
- probabilistic design and optimization of mechanical systems
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
- Materials Science/Engineering, or related STEM discipline.
- Demonstrated academic excellence (minimum GPA 3.0 on a 4.0 scale)
- Relocation to Bangalore, India; this position is based in the GE Research office at the John F Welch Research Center, Bangalore, India
- All candidates must submit application for employment at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
- Legal authorization to work in India is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.