Company: General Electric
What We Offer
- Working in an international team which is part of global Engineering HVDC Centre of Excellence within Grid Integration based in Noida.
- A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements.
- Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities
GE Grid Solutions Business is a world leader in the High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) market. HVDC technology enables global and renewable energy transmission and is critical in meeting today’s demand for decarbonisation and the security of energy networks. As a technology leader, we are engineering and delivering HVDC & FACT’s solutions to meet the most complex electrical projects ever seen. Two positions are available for Validation and Verification Engineer at Noida HVDC CoE.
Purpose Of The Job
As a Validation and Verification Engineer, you will be responsible for the delivery the of given task by Verification and Validation Lead on time / as per Project Scheduled.
Main Duties And Responsibilities Will Include
- Active participation on RTDS LAB setup with the team.
- Independently handle FST and FAT cases in shift.
- Maintained Validation & Verification team’s activity plans as per the Project scheduled.
- Support to create FST and FAT test cases against software requirements.
- Wiling to work extend hours as and when required to meet project scheduled.
- Wiling to travel to global site to support Static Commissioning activity for long durations.
- Understand the key milestones in the project plan, ensure that the plan correctly provisions for the required testing activities.
- Clearly communicate details of failures to the respective engineering functions.
- Basic Power System knowledge and clearer understanding of Substation equipment i.e., Circuit Breaker, Isolator, CT, PT, Transformer.
- Basic understanding of PLC/DCS/SCADA/HMI/Digital and Analog Signals and their interfaces.
- Experience on MATCAD, PSCAD, PSS/E and MATLAB SIMULINK, EMTP-RV, Digsilent etc will added advantage.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical standards such as IEC 61850, IEC 62351, IEC 12207, IEEE 15288, IEC 25010, IEC 27032, NERC/CIP
- Knowledge of HVDC control system will be added advantage.
- Problem solving skills to support test issues especially lab setup and debugging skills.
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to identify and manage technical risks.
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) and Product care teams to develop existing and new products and tools.
- Review/analyse the test results thereby reporting the status.
- Provide support to Commissioning Engineers during Dynamic commissioning at Site.
- Support continual improvement, raising the effectiveness and efficiency of the team through the introduction of tools, methods and process improvements and coordinating with the Continuous Improvement leaders.
Qualifications / Essential Requirements
- Engineering degree or equivalent including power systems and power electronics subjects or proven equivalent knowledge and experience in HVDC business.
- Quick learner and Team player.
- Strong communication skills with a fluency in English language.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel is required, and Microsoft project would be beneficial.