As Application Engineer you will belong to the Electrical and Electronics section within Powertrain Engineering, in charge of delivering a complete dataset (a dataset is a set of SW parameters defined by configuration or calibrations of the complete powertrain strategies) for a given product project.
Application engineer is responsible for:
- planning, coordinating calibration activities for a given project with VECV
- follow-up of calibration results, and the delivery of complete datasets
- Maintaining Dataset project database synthesis (handle the dataset baseline within a project, by merging datasets made available by new calibration activities), securing platform approach by limiting diversity
- Securing verification and integration activities linked to datasets merged in a baseline (including on vehicle tests)
- Reporting and communication: lead the dataset design review meetings before dataset freeze and releases
Who are you?
As an Application Engineer, you have developed the following technical and personal competences:
- Technical skills on powertrain technologies and strategies
- Technical skills on embedded software
- Synthesis abilities, communication, team work
- Ability to work in international environment
- Ability to develop over time and to contribute to continuous improvement
- Electrical/Electronic Graduate/Post Graduate engineering or other equivalent education.
- 3-5 years of experience in Powertrain application related areas.
- You have good knowledge in Engine application work
- You have Basic knowledge in Gearbox.
- You have been involved in Powertrain Control System Development activities.
- Having a Truck driving license is an advantage
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Initiative and solution oriented
- Excellent in Teamwork and Communication
- Structural way of working
Company: Volvo group
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.