Candidate will be responsible and accountable for the overall and detailed engineering design, associated calculations and specifications of electrical systems/equipment used on the onshore/offshore oil/gas facilities. Candidate shall be able to check design engineering documents prepared by consultants/contractors. Candidate shall also be capable of studying, commenting and approving vendor data documents. Experience in construction, maintenance and commissioning phases would be an advantage.
It is a definite advantage for candidate to have experience in witnessing and approving FATs (Factory Acceptance Tests) and SATs (Site Acceptance Tests) for instrumentation items.
Develop studies and design of all electrical related work e.g. power generation transmission and distribution systems, co-ordination studies, etc.,
- Co-ordinate and plan integration for the Client’s transmission grid with government systems including approval/assistance / co-operation.
- Use of Codes, standards and practices applicable to the British Electrical Industry, IP, API and IEC codes.
- Petrochemical complexes involving areas of hazardous vapours for onshore/offshore production facilities both oil and gas.
- Co-ordinates all electrical design and development work in connection with new projects, modifications to existing installations and provide advice during construction and commissioning phases to ensure compliance with design.
- Provide advice in the selection of equipment and materials for new projects and as replacement in existing installations.
- Knowledge in microprocessor based technology. To provide professional advice in the selection of microprocessors used in the control, protection and monitoring of electrical equipment.
Candidate must have a recognised B.Sc or B.E. Degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or a Professional electrical Engineering background with at least three (3) years practical experience.
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.