The Tier 1 Systems Support Engineer is responsible for providing basic remote product support to customers requiring assistance with instrumentation, LIS, software and hardware components sold and distributed by Cepheid. As a member of the Technical Support Team, you provide product support to internal and external customers by remote troubleshooting and analysis via phone, email and web serving as the technical expert in Cepheid’s Customer Care experience and log and maintain all customer queries/complaints in CRM.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Engage customers to collect and compile detailed information about customer complaints
- Conduct data analysis and basic troubleshooting for instrument, software and operating system.
- Investigate and resolve first level customer complaints remotely through phone and email
- Document complaints and resulting investigations in the complaint management system
- Interface with Tier 2 Technical Support team to escalate and resolve more complex cases
- Adhere to Quality Management System procedures
- Maintain product knowledge and support continuous improvement efforts
- Contribute to quality compliance through accurate and concise case documentation
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Technical Support Manager or Supervisor
Training Responsibilities (Required)
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time and keep the records data for any future audit(s)
- Complete all compliance and internal training within the stipulated timeline.
- Train internal associates and new hires on the technical support modules and CRM.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in engineering / electronics / IT with 5+ years of relevant experience in clinical laboratory instrumentation/software/systems or in Technical Support
- Master’s Degree with minimum 3+ Years of related work experience
Knowledge and skills
- Fluent English (written and oral) is required
- Customer oriented – understands customer expectations and empathizes with customer & patient needs
- Knowledge and use of commercial computer application packages (MS Office)
- Proficiency in data analysis.
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com (or similar CRM System)
- Able to follow complex procedures and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious & self-motivated with ability to learn a complex technology platform quickly
- Proactively analyzes problems, draw conclusions and propose precise action plans
- Works independently in a structured manner with the ability to prioritize critical tasks
- Builds collaborative work relationships with different teams, including Field Service, Sales, Marketing and Quality
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Available to work different shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- May include extended computer and telephone work involving repetitive arm/wrist motions
- May include occasional overnight travel