The position will involve working with a very experienced physical design team of CPU core and is responsible for delivering the physical design of tiles to meet challenging goals for frequency, power and other design requirements for AMD next generation processors in a fast-paced environment on cutting edge technology.
Engineer with good attitude who seeks new challenges and has good analytical and communication skills. Candidate needs to have the ability and desire to learn quickly and should be a good team player.
- Handling timing analysis, power optimization and estimation flow.
- Experience in low power implementation and power management.
- Handling Floor-plan, Physical Implementation of Power-plan, Synthesis, Placement, CTS, Timing Closure, Routing, Extraction, Physical Verification (DRC & LVS), Crosstalk Analysis, EM/IR
- Handling different PNR tools – Synopsys ICC2, ICC, Design Compiler, PrimeTime, StarRC, Mentor Graphics Calibre, Apache Redhawk
- 5+ years of professional experience in physical design, preferably with high performance designs.
- Experience in lower power implementation and architecture.
- Experience in automated synthesis and timing driven place and route of RTL blocks for high speed datapath and control logic applications.
- Experience in automated design flows for clock tree synthesis, clock and power gating techniques, scan stitching, design optimization for improved timing/power/area, and design cycle time reduction.
- Experience in floorplanning, establishing design methodology, IP integration, checks for logic equivalence, physical/timing/electrical quality, and final signoff for large IP delivery
- Strong experience with tools for logic synthesis, place and route, timing analysis, and design checks for physical and electrical quality, familiarity with tools for schematics, layout, and circuit/logic simulation
- Versatility with scripts to automate design flow.
- Strong communication skills, ability to multi-task across projects, and work with geographically spread out teams
- Experience in FinFET & Dual Patterning nodes such as 16/14/10/7nm
- Excellent physical design and timing background.
- Good understanding of computer organization/architecture is preferred.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and pronounced attention to details.
Bachelors or Masters in Electronics/Electricals Engineering