- Develop and Implement a successful post-harvest program. Develop storage plans, storage regimes, and post-harvest treatments. Working knowledge of modern, diverse cultivation and storage practices.
- Coordinate a comprehensive evaluation process that tracks results and outcomes, from harvest to delivery.
- Develop an ecosystem of controlled-atmosphere conditions for all commodities throughout the storage process.
- Analyze budgets and test out new procedures to improve quality, gain operational efficiencies, and project perishable commodity life in different business cases.
- Develop and implement a commodity sample program to monitor produce conditions during the storage process.
- Seek out the latest information on post-harvest related issues and help keep team members informed of new trends and techniques.
- Contribute to daily business operations to ensure adherence to Perishable Commodity Quality Management.
- Manage all necessary record keeping and reporting systems.
- Enforce and ensure all EPA & MSDS regulations are being properly utilized by Post-Harvest staff members.
- Work in direct coordination with commodity managers, commodity procurement teams, and commodity sales for closed-loop operations.
- Ability to develop and organize reports, scientific data, and spreadsheets.
- Knowledgebase development on postharvest handling systems and prepare SOPs for harvesting and preparation for Market, packinghouse operations, packing and packaging materials, decay and insect control, temperature and relative humidity based environment control storage and transport of horticultural crops, transportation of horticultural crops and handling at the destination.
Eligibility / Qualification
- Masters degree in Horticulture, Agricultural Science, and working experience in post-harvest management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the horticulture or agriculture industry.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience focused on providing technical support on post-harvest management on perishable crops, post-harvest technologies.