- Advertisement -
The Technical Support System Specialist is responsible for providing advanced product support to customers requiring assistance with instrumentation, software and hardware components sold and distributed by Cepheid. As a member of the Technical Support Team, you provide product support to internal and external customers and provide a solution to the issues faced by Customer. This is done majorly remotely via phone, email and web serving as the technical expert in Cepheid’s Customer Care experience.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Engage with customers to collect and compile detailed information about customer complaints
- Collect system data and logs and conduct advanced data analysis and troubleshooting, understanding customer’s sample collection, processing and laboratory practices
- Investigate and resolve advanced customer complaints remotely
- Document complaints and resulting investigations in the complaint management system (SFDC)
- Interface with Field Service and Global Product Support to escalate and resolve more complex cases
- Adhere to Quality Management System procedures
- Maintain product knowledge and support continuous improvement efforts
- Contribute to quality compliance through accurate and concise case documentation
- Represent Technical Support on projects and operational teams, communicating findings back to Technical Support
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time
- Performs additional tasks as assigned by the Technical Support Manager or Supervisor
- Complete all assigned and required training satisfactorily and on time and keep the records data for any future audit(s)
- Complete all compliance and internal training within the stipulated timeline.
- Train internal associates and new hires on the technical support modules and CRM.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in engineering / electronics / IT with minimum 0 to 2 years of relevant experience in clinical laboratory instrumentation/software/systems or in Technical Support OR
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in engineering / electronics / IT with minimum 2 years of relevant experience in clinical laboratory instrumentation/software/systems or in Technical Support.
- Experience in customer handling in APAC countries is preferable
Knowledge and skills
- Fluent English (written and oral) is required (additional languages a plus – Korean, Mandarin, Malay).
- Willing to work in early morning shifts.
- Customer oriented – understands customer expectations and empathizes with customer & patient needs
- Experience using and/or troubleshooting either remotely or on field one or more of the following preferred:
- Laboratory analytical diagnostic equipment, medical devices and software
- IT and computer networking/communication protocols
- MS Windows Operating systems and databases (MS SQL)
- Laboratory Information Systems (LIS)
- Electronic and hardware components of complex instruments
- Reading and analyzing System Logs and Event logs
- Knowledge and use of commercial computer application packages (MS Excel)
- Familiarity with SalesForce.com (or similar CRM System) a plus
- Able to follow complex procedures and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curious & self-motivated with ability to learn a complex technology platform quickly
- Proactively analyzes complex problems, draw conclusions and propose precise action plans
- Works independently in a structured manner with the ability to prioritize critical tasks
- Builds collaborative work relationships with different teams, including Field Service, Sales, Marketing and Quality
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Available to work different shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary
- May include extended computer and telephone work involving repetitive arm/wrist motions
- May include occasional overnight travel
- Advertisement -
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.