At KVH, we are building the future of maritime IoT one innovative idea at a time. Come join our team and help build this new and exciting technology that includes edge processing, business intelligence workflows, remote control, and remote telepresence technology. We love what we do, enjoy working hard, having fun, making history. Join the team!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced Web Front End Software Engineer (IoT) who will be developing the technology of our Watch IoT platform. You will be developing information-rich web sites servicing the maritime industry. Your expertise will be manifested in high-fidelity user interfaces, workflows, and easy to navigate complex data sets on web and mobile framework. You will be working on a dynamic team practicing scrum and open source development methodologies. Position Reports to Director of Software Engineering.
- 2+ years developing web applications for mobile platforms required
- Experience with user interface and usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architectures required
- Domain of ReactJS, NodeJS and advanced CSS skills required.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers preferred
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations preferred
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project preferred
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs preferred
- Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface preferred
Company: KVH Industries