In this role, you have the opportunity to
- Manage high-impact, complex sustaining & transfer projects that enables Philips to reduce risk, improve profitability, align with Philips’ strategic supply base and optimize supply chain flexibility. The primary function of this role is to execute engineering activities through the course of fast-paced, high-quality transfer and sustaining projects.
- You will be responsible for driving meaningful and innovative product development, generating ideas/concepts in feature development to improve quality and reduce cost, as well as performing the role of a technical lead in taking the product development through manufacturing release while transferring products between suppliers and manage to sustain of different devices by following PDLM-MLD process.
- To be part of an exciting team and contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of Medical systems, components, and products
You are responsible for:
- Responsible for understanding the Electrical/ Electronics Design, Different types of Cables, Connectors, Electronics components, and their applications
- Creating test plan and setup, test the proto parts and integration of module/sub-system by the higher level architectural Requirements
- Conducts Concept, Feasibility studies and proposes design optimization.
- Ensures proper documentation for the developed design
- Ensures the mutual consistency and efficient integration of the separate components in a modular design that meets the product specification
- Ensures that design modules meet the product certification requirements
- Is abreast of / participates in standards identification required for testing designing
- Networks with colleagues within BU and beyond and maintains external contacts for benchmarking, new technologies, tooling, and design methods, and reflects them to the HW-group
- Contributes to technology roadmaps and other strategic related activities
- Draws up personal schedule and reports on progress.
- Contributes to the Work Breakdown Structure/ the planning process of his/her area.
- Keeps abreast of technical developments in own field through study of literature and technical contacts.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with country-specific regulations
- Communicates with Suppliers, for design transfer, query solving
- Proficient in Component Selection, De-rating analysis
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Completed engineering studies at the university level; BE/BTech/ME/Mtech in
- Electronics/Electrical with 4 to 6 years of experience
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art methods & tools (Simulation tools like LTSpice, PSpice, or equivalent) used in electrical design
- Understanding of the System and Sub-system inter-connections & interfaces
- Knowledge of reading Electrical drawings, Bill of material generation.
- Knowledge of UL and flammability requirements for the Components
- Component selection for the connector housings, crimps, cables
- Knowledge of reliability tests required for the static and dynamic cables
- Knowledge of Value Addition and Value Engineering
- Knowledge of requirements for peripheral and long-distance communications like RS232,
- RS485, CAN, Ethernet, and USB will be added advantage
- Ability to understand and debug problems across module and system boundaries
- Exposure to International Medical Quality and Regulatory Standards e.g. IEC, FDA, UL, CE, CSA, BIS, etc. will be preferred
- Experience in the field of Medical Devices product design e.g. X-Ray, MR, CT-AMI, Mammography systems, etc. will be added advantage
- Disciplined team worker, ability to work independently
- Ability to present ideas and convince project team members
- Be structured and self-organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, leadership skills, and drive for results
- The quality mindset in design and documentation