Ford’s ADAS/DAT Electronics Application team designs and release hardware and functional integration that provide outstanding behavior for features like Adaptive Cruise Control, Automatic Emergency Braking, Cross Traffic Alert, Active Park Assist, 360 Camera Systems and so on.
ADAS ELECTRONICS APPLICATION ENGINEER will be responsible for the design, development and release of Advanced Driver Assist (ADAS) components including mid/short range radar / cameras (human/machine vision) / ultrasonic sensors, and/or associated processing ECUs to the assigned vehicle program in Asia Pacific market.
- Drive component packaging and integration of Active Safety radar and camera
- Lead systems sourcing effort with finance and purchasing to engage suppliers
- Support ADAS Electronics Components configuration development and Software release effort.
- Develop work plans and lead resolution of Active Safety implementation and validation
- Support prototype vehicle build, and production vehicle launches.
- Be an interactive and key member of the ADAS team, work closely with other ADAS
- Commodity Engineer & other interface applications engineers to support the product and develop robust solutions.
- Support technical design reviews (TDR) for component SW requirements, Configuration settings and release Calibration.
- Lead cross-functional teams, consisting of vehicle system engineers, commodity owners, network communications engineers, manufacturing engineers (vehicle operations engineers) to drive timely resolution of program specific engineering issues.
- Support the development of robust foundation documents including but not limited to: DFMEA, specifications, D/PVP&R, device transmittals, etc.
- Track & Manage issues reported in JIRA
- Ensure alignment with Product Definition Letters and compliance to regional regulatory requirements.
- Lead trouble shooting and problem resolution process using vehicle CAN network tools.
- Collect/analyze CAN data, review system schematics and vehicle wiring systems as required.
- Occasional travel to Assembly plants to support vehicle launch and production issues
- Lead quality and warranty analysis of production vehicles
Area of professional exposure (technical skills)
- Experience with radar/camera or LIDAR or system integration or software development
- Ability to understand system level functional requirements/behavior
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with system/software requirements
- Working knowledge on Automotive Communication protocols: LIN, CAN / Ethernet.
No. of years of experience
3 to 5 years