The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Boeing India Engineering seeks Associate ASIC – FPGA Design and Verification Engineer to support the Hardware Design Capabilities organization across multiple product lines and platforms like Satellites, space and aviation.
A successful candidate will understand the importance of collaboration as this position will focus on working directly with the Electronics Product Development Manager.
- Performs design and verification engineering, reporting status to management.
- Resolves complex issues on critical programs related to architectural approaches, requirements, specifications and design. Leads technical aspect of proposal preparation.
- Identifies critical performance measures and develops processes for computing them.
- Leads activities in support of Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
- Coordinates engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Develops new concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Evaluates and integrates third-party IP and verification IP (VIP).
- Provides basic engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Conducts trade studies and literature research to support future product designs.
- Stays current on new technologies and best practices.
- Works under consultative direction.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, electronics, mathematics, physics or chemistry etc.
- 6 or more years of experience in Digital ASIC design and verification.
- Work experience using Verilog or System Verilog.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 or more years’ experience in digital ASIC/FPGA design and verification, Master’s degree with 5 or more years’ experience in digital design/verification, or PhD degree with relevant years of experience in digital design/verification.
- Experience in independent design of RTL code from requirements, reporting status to program management.
- Experience working other engineering teams (e.g. board designers, system engineers, requirement engineers, reliability engineers, microprocessor/software engineers), to ensure the ASIC/FPGA functions safely and reliably when deployed by assisting in Worst Case Circuit Analysis, IO timing, IO type selection, life analysis, software con-ops, MTBF analysis, etc.
- Experience creating and improving department process guidelines and procedures (e.g. engineering standards, checklists, process flows, etc.).
- Experience evaluating and recommending technology that is new to the organization.
- Experience leading development of architectural approaches from customer and system requirements.
- Experience designing digital ASIC/FPGA architectural design documents (micro-architecture documents with timing diagrams, detailed design blocks, etc.).
- Experience deriving digital ASIC/FPGA requirements specification from higher-level (system or board-level) requirements specifications.
- Experience identifying, tracking, and providing status of technical performance metrics to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Experience developing complex and high data rate designs.
- Work experience performing RTL synthesis.
- Work experience performing clock cross domain analysis (CDC).
- Work experience performing Static Timing Analysis and correcting timing violations.
- Work experience writing Universal Verification Methodology (UVM) sequences and virtual sequences.
- Work experience using Linux or Unix terminal commands.
- Experience using scripting languages: Make, Perl, Python, shell scripts, etc.
- Experience using Revision Control Systems: Subversion (SVN), CVS, Git.
- Work experience simulating a digital design using System Verilog Assertions.
- Work experience using Object Oriented Programming concepts: Inheritance, Polymorphism, etc.
- Work experience using Universal Verification Methodology (UVM): Experience crafting drivers, monitors, predictors, and scoreboards.
- Experience on Digital interfaces such as LDVS, Space wire, Fiber Channel, RS422, MIL1553, SRIO, Audio Video Interfaces, Ethernet, PCIe Gen3 and above.
- Work experience creating a self-checking simulation testbenches from scratch.
- Experience mentoring junior engineers.
- Experience in establishing and rigorously implementing processes such as DO254, MIL-STD-882E an MIL-HDBK-516 or equivalent industry standards for commercial platforms
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6-8 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master 5+ years’ related work experience, etc.).