This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development of emerging disruptive technology and business solutions. Specifically, this role will be a key contributor to the expansion of Xylem’s current India Technology Center. Reporting to the Manager, Transport – M&C Group at ITC – (Vadodara), this critical role will support Xylem Transport in moving up the technology curve, from component supplier to a systems supplier, providing integrated products and intelligent solution offerings. The desired candidate conducts/participates in embedded software development for research, design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, circuitry, processes, and as a minor subset, packaging and cabinetry, for processors, storage and/or data communications.
- Perform technical feasibility study and embedded software design and development
- Simulate, analyze the subsystems to evaluate product and design concepts
- Design and develop Firmware application and Communication protocols in C & C++
- Participate in FMEA and risk assessment activities
- Follows standard R&D software guidelines for creating code, documenting code, storing code, testing, and implementing the software, in the field when necessary.
- Assist OEM’s and end-users in the implementation of their specific software requirements
- Interface as needed with product management, customers, marketing & sales in providing technical guidance on products developed.
- Keep well informed of new features and products/services. Be proactive in understanding product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-training.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum professional and educational background
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree / 4 + 2-Year Master’s degree in Electronics & Communication
- 2-5 Years of Embedded software/firmware development
Important skills required
- Expert in FW designs with Object-oriented C++ language
- Application programming experience with Embedded Linux or RTOS
- Good understanding of Make/CMake, build system, OS concepts
- Hands-on with stacks like TCP/IP, UDP, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, I2C & SPI
- Hands-on experience with interfacing sensors, motor control, electromechanical systems
- Knowledge of version control tools like BitBucket, Git, or SVN
- Agile methodologies and Scrum, experience with tools like JIRA & Confluence
- Expert in board bring-up, hardware interfacing firmware debugging (manual & auto), unit and system testing & root-cause analysis