As a leading technology innovator, Qualcomm pushes the boundaries of what’s possible to enable next-generation experiences and drives digital transformation to help create a smarter, connected future for all. As a Qualcomm Hardware Engineer, you will plan, design, optimize, verify, and test electronic systems, bring-up yield, circuits, mechanical systems, Digital/Analog/RF/optical systems, equipment and packaging, test systems, FPGA, and/or DSP systems that launch cutting-edge, world class products. Qualcomm Hardware Engineers collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop solutions and meet performance requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Engineering, or related field and 1+ year of Hardware Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Engineering, or related field.
The responsibility includes
- Independent planning and execution of Netlist-to-GDSII.
- Good understanding of basics of static timing analysis.
- Well versed with the Block level and SOC level timing closure (STA) methodologies, ECO generation and predictable convergence.
- Should be able work in close collaboration with design, DFT and PNR team and resolve issues wrt constraints validation, verification, STA, Physical design, etc.
- Should have good exposure to high frequency multi voltage design convergence.
- Good understanding of clock networks.
- Circuit level comprehension of timing critical paths in the design; Understanding of deep sub-micron design problems and solutions (Skew analysis, clock divergence, signal integrity, DFM etc.)
- Work independently in the areas of RTL to GDSII implementation;
- Well versed with Tcl/Perl scripting; willing to handle technical deliverables with a small team of engineers.
- Strong problem-solving skills and communication skills.
- Full exposure to all aspects of design flows like floor-planning, placement, CTS, routing, crosstalk avoidance, physical verification.
- Masters/Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Electronics science engineering with at least 5+ years of experience in IC design Experience in leading block level or chip level Timing closure & Physical Design activities