Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be working as R&D Engineer-PCB Layout and will be part of Electrification Business Area for Smart Buildings Division based in Hyderabad, India. In this role you will be reporting to the Research & Development Team Manager. You will be working on world class products in Energy storage system, Switchgear and Equipment protection.
- Being a team player to work with cross functional and multinational teams
- Responsible for designing PCB layout and Geber generation
- Understanding circuit flow, component placement and routing with meeting product standards
- Designing Layout for DFM (Design for Manufacturability), DFT ( Design for Test ), with covering 100% ICT ( In circuit test )
- Interacting with PCBA contract manufacturers and resolves assembly issues
- Participating in PCB layout reviews and provide suggestions for improving the quality of products
- Working on new product introduction ( NPI ), Quality and C- Change projects
- Working with design engineers on proto build and testing the product for functional, EMI, Reliability tests etc
- BE / B.Tech in ECE, EEE, E&I and similar streams
- Minimum 4 years of experience in electronics product layout and Gerber generation
- Should have experience designing PCB layout for Analog, Digital, Microcontroller, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi communications etc
- Experience working with PCB assemblers and resoling issues
- Experience doing layout for Trip unit of Circuit breakers, Human & Equipment protection devices, Meters, UPS, and Motor controller electronics
- Should know the PCB guidelines for placement of component and meeting IPC , CE standards for Creepage and Clearances. Designing layout for EMI/ EMC immunity and SI ( signal integrity )
- Hands-on experience on Altium, Cadence tools