As a CAD Applications Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc., you will be working in a collaborative, production support role evaluating, improving EDA and debugging both in-house and commercial Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools and flows for the physical layout and design of CMOS integrated circuits. You will work closely with the Design and Layout teams to increase their productivity and work efficiency.
- Provide training, documentation, and support to end users on tools, methods and design environment
- Supervise and seek issues
- Work closely with design, layout, verification and process teams
- Support development of tools, flows, and methodologies to increase the efficiency and reliability of our designs
- Integrate commercial EDA tools into design flows
- Maintain all aspects of design infrastructure at optimum level.
- Hands-on experience on programming required, preferably in Python (but structured Perl, Tcl, Skill or similar languages may be considered)
- Experience in object-oriented software design (Python, C++, Java or other OO language)
- Experience in test-driven software development (pyunit, or other unit testing frameworks)
- Experience in source code management and release systems
- Excellent programming fundamentals are required
- Experience with Unix and shell scripting is required
- Good knowledge of CMOS circuit and deep submicron physical design, as well as CMOS process manufacturing and layout rules preferred
- In depth experience in the Cadence Virtuoso df2 design environment and SKILL programming preferred
- In depth experience with Python and Python QT language is preferred
- Recent and relevant experience in C, C++, JAVA, Visual Basic, Perl, or Lisp will be considered
- Experience in layout flows preferred – Calibre DRC & LVS flows, Floor planning, Automated Place and Route, SPF extraction
- Experience in design simulation areas preferred – Verilog, Verilog-A, ncverilog, VCS, Spice/Fast Spice, fineSim, hspice
- Good communication and problem-solving skills are required
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Electronics Engineering with 2+ years of industry experience.
Company: Micron Technology