The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
The Field Service Technician will provide electrical and/or mechanical technician support to the site teams at various locations worldwide. In this role you will carry out installation, commissioning, maintenance, modifications and material control functions for Wind Turbine inverters.
As a Field Service Technician, you will: Carry out installation work on GE supplied equipment. If required supervise and co-ordinate labor, resources and material for installation of GE-supplied equipment. Inspections on GE supplied equipment before delivery, in storage and after installation. Carry out planned maintenance before, during and after commissioning. Attend customer sites to carry out planned maintenance, and assist Field Engineers with breakdowns. Panel wiring modifications and remedial work, upgrade installation on GE supplied equipment. Assist GE commissioning engineers. Assist with inventory control and movement of material on / off site. Flexible approach to working on projects within the North American Market and Overseas.
Associates Degree in Electronics, Electrical Technology or related discipline Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 2 years of experience working with electrical circuits. Ability and willingness to travel 90% as required.
- Electrically qualified.
- Background in a customer facing Service Delivery or Project Management position, within a Service environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain long-term relationships with clients worldwide. Ability to learn and follow defined departmental policies, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to make decisions with regards to completion of tasks and job methods and follow through with results of outcome.
- Strong verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate with internal customers (Internal customers may include
- Production, Engineers, and Management personnel). Ability to prioritize workload and shift work activities in order to meet business needs and department goals.
- Ability to independently arrange and organize work efforts on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to multitask on a consistent basis.
- Ability to conceptualize and implement performance objectives that meet established requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of personal and professional ethics and integrity.
- Ability to make recommendations regarding job methods and departmental