- Will primarily be responsible for improving product quality directly improving external PPM
- Design and maintenance of dispenser electronics – legacy and future.
- Provide solutions for Production & Service issues using PSP.
- Failure Mode analysis both during and post design release to improve product quality.
- Coordination with subsystem HW/SW engineers and VV&T technicians for field support.
- Generate source code & Hardware fixes for field issues.
- Production and regulatory release documentation
- Bug fixing and code analysis & optimization with respect to memory usage
- Design Specifications, project plans, design reviews for new products.
- Understanding and experience on compliance with Industry Standards like ISO standards
- Typical systems designed and architected:
o 16/32 bit microprocessor based fuel dispenser control and calculator systems.
o Real time calculations, safety critical state machines.
o Memory subsystems, I/O architecture
o LAN, Serial and bus communication systems for internal and WAN applications.
o Automation infrastructure – Off-site communications, Graphics & Video interfacing and error capture from embedded sensors.
- Protocols like RS232, RS485, I2C, SPI
- Selection and specification of tools and subsystems.
- Integrate and test system to confirm compliance with specifications.
- Design and programming of Programmable Interface Controllers and associated hardware.
- Typical sub-systems:
o Shaft encoders, user displays, internal bus systems, processor I/O, AC and DC power control and D2A/A2D conversion.
- Cabling, routing, EMC compliance, electrical safety, communications systems hardware ie LON, RS485, current loop, CAN etc)
- Prepare Unit Test and Project Plans.
Education & Experience
The ideal candidate will have
- Total Experience in years: 3 – 5 years
- Graduation/ Degree: Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics/Computer science)
- Other preferred courses/ certifications: Embedded Course
Background and Skills
The ideal candidate will have
Domain (Preferred Industry):
- Education: Minimum Bachelor of engineering qualification in Electronics or EXTC or Computer science or instrumentation or equivalent
- Experience: 6+ years engaged in the design, architecture & Support of microcontroller based systems S/W – Industrial/Medical/Automotive.
- Product Lifecycle management tools like SVN/CVS/VSS/Git
- Experience with Agile methodologies like SCRUM
- Experience in EMI-EMC, Safety, ROHS & Environmental Testing.
- Knowledge of SMPS design
- A developer of real-time applications and very hardware-familiar
- Experienced with C & C++ (must be able to work in both traditional and object orientated environs). RTOS environment.
- Familiarity with memory management techniques – data bases and data security
- Able to design and code applications that run in RTOS with a very solid experience with at least one 16 or 32 bit RTOS.
- Experience with software development methodologies (e.g., OOA/D, UML)
- Able to use CASE tools and bug tracking applications like CQ/Bugzilla/JIRA
- Familiar with source code library systems – knowledge of CVS or the later SVN would be a distinct advantage.
- Be involved in all phases of product development. Responsible for process adherence, schedule, efforts and cost.
- Experience with logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, debuggers and/or in-circuit emulators
- Excellent computer skills (XML, Databases, Linux, Windows, Excel, Outlook, Visio, PowerPoint, etc).
- Extensive experience in debugging embedded applications
- Experience in Porting applications from one embedded platform to another