Silicon Labs is looking for a highly motivated Firmware Engineer to work on embedded synchronization products for network communications applications. We are looking for creative, flexible, and self-motivated individuals with excellent communications skills, and a passion for problem solving in a fast-paced team environment.
Why this position matters
Silicon Labs has a track record of multiple industry firsts and of transforming and disrupting large and diversified markets. You will be part of a highly skilled team in which every member is critical to the success of Silicon Lab’s network synchronization products that combine ease-of-use with unmatched frequency/phase/time precision control and flexibility. Our Firmware Engineers work on synchronization system solutions for multiple industries: 4G/5G communications, aerospace/defense, and IT infrastructure.
What you will do
As a Firmware Engineer, you will work with hardware, firmware, applications and systems engineers to understand system-wide functionality, development, test & integration issues, and solution deployments with Tier 1 network communications customers. Candidates will be asked to describe their knowledge and any relevant work experience with firmware development in network communications. Learn more about our Network Communications products here.
What skill you will need
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with networking protocols such as IEEE 1588, synchronous ethernet, etc.
- Experience with Yocto Project Linux distribution system
- Experience with embedded Linux driver development
- Experience in higher-level software development, such as Python or Java
- Experience in web interface design
- Exposure to software engineering processes and the full software development lifecycle including requirements, design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Interest in tinkering with hardware and system testing
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Exposure to development tools for embedded systems such as analyzers, oscilloscopes, traffic generators, JTAG, etc. is a plus.
- Experience with embedded real-time programming of microcontrollers such as the ARM or 8051 a plus
Company: Silicon Labs