The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Ford’s Passive Safety Electronics team designs & release hardware and Software, functional integration of Restraints Electronics Control Module(RCM) / Airbag control module and its associated crash sensors.
RESTRAINTS CONTROL ELECTRONICS ENGINEER is responsible for design & release of Restraints Control Module (RCM) / Air bag control module and Crash Sensors product deliverables, support calibration & update configurations to the assigned vehicle program in Asia Pacific market.
- Lead the delivery of all engineering requirements for the RCM + Crash Sensors, per each development milestone, as defined by the Ford product development process.
- Drive component packaging and integration of Active Safety radar and camera
- Lead systems sourcing effort with finance and purchasing to engage suppliers
- Lead RCM configuration development and Software release effort.
- Support Safety Crash Team during the Crash Calibration
- Work along with Supplier during Crash Calibration generation
- Responsibility of calibration performance for series production with safety background to meet government requirements
- Responsible to determine optimal location in the vehicle for RCM and peripheral sensors.
- Responsible for working with the selected suppliers in applicating components/ systems meeting all the requirements.
Support the development of robust foundation documents including but not limited to:
- DFMEA, specifications, D/PVP&R, device transmittals, etc.
- Support all vehicle prototype builds, product launch and service issues.
- Lead cross-functional teams, consisting of vehicle system engineers, other commodity owners, network communications engineers, manufacturing engineers (vehicle operations engineers), and commodity suppliers to drive timely resolution of program specific engineering issues.
- Lead trouble shooting and problem resolution process using vehicle CAN network tools.
- Collect/analyze CAN data, review system schematics and vehicle wiring systems as required
- Lead a cross functional team of feature owners and system engineers to assist in the definition of the required behavioral requirements necessary to meet the programs needs.
- Ensure alignment with Product Definition Letters and compliance to regional regulatory requirements.
Area of professional exposure (technical skills)
- Working Knowledge of RCM/Air bag ECU system integration / Software and Failure modes, Functional Safety of RCM.
- Ability to understand Occupant Safety system level functional requirements/behavior.
- Working knowledge on Automotive Communication protocols : CAN, LIN.
No. of years of experience
3 to 5 years