The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: Imagination Technologies
Who we are
At Imagination, we love innovating. We spend our time creating the graphics and AI chips that are at the core of your favorite electronic products, and we are expanding our IP portfolio to include RISC-V CPUs as part of our efforts to create the best Compute offering in the market. We have a no-compromise approach to making our technology as high-performance and power-efficient as possible, all while being squeezed into the smallest space possible.
What you’ll be doing
This is the opportunity to join the Dev Platforms team. As a provider of complex silicon IP cores at the cutting edge of process and performance, we need to develop leading-edge test platforms that can be used to develop, verify and demonstrate our IP core products.
You will be a Hardware Automation Engineer working in a mixed discipline team responsible for the development, verification, and bring-up of test platforms for next-generation IP cores. This role offers a diverse mix of Hardware Automation Engineer activities, working from low-level embedded coding to high-level flow automation scripts.
Working as a team, you will have some or all of the following responsibilities.
- Designing and developing Windows and Linux applications for interfacing to our platforms through standards like PCIe, USB, and UART.
- Creation of script-controlled flows for EDA tool automation.
- We are designing and developing embedded software targeting Microcontrollers on our custom systems.
- Creating custom tools to aid in the design, debugging, and use of our FPGA-based platforms.
You must have:
- Strong coding skills with C or C++
- Good working knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of Linux, including how to install and manage a Linux system.
- Knowledge of any version control system (Perforce, git, etc)
- Enthusiastic – appreciate first access to hardware and the challenges of bring-up.
- Robust embedded hardware debugging skills and problem-solving techniques.
- Team player: the ability to work constructively as part of a large and globally spread team.
- Attention to detail with clear verbal and written communication.
You might also have.
- Understanding of embedded design environments.
- Basic knowledge of FPGA.
- Some experience with software/hardware interfacing (APIs).
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering with excellent academics.
- At least 3 years of experience.