The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Brief Job Description
This position provides an exciting opportunity to advance your Engineering and Engineering Services career within one of the Honeywell’s most profitable and dynamic Business units. This Tech Specialist role is responsible for driving and supporting project that focuses on cost reduction of existing mass volume products across all Honeywell HBT portfolio through strong Hardware & Mechanical Design expertise to ensure all the proposal are accurately valuated and implemented in collaboration with Global Engineering team. As example of the products can be mentioned like building controllers, control panels, fire detectors, security systems etc. This role is also responsible to identify product cost savings opportunities through vendor change of used electronic & mechanical components as well through electronic circuit design & mechanical system design changes. Lead projects that implement these changes, collaborate with the design teams and ISC (integrated supply chain), prepare test plan, perform or coordinate tests of the component and final product in the laboratory, prepare test report – all that to make sure the product after cost reduction change works as per specification and with unchanged quality. Implement the change in the mass production factory with the ability to multi task between engineering and non-engineering activities. Good communication and negotiation skills are required daily basis in connection with enablers involved in these projects – Design teams, ISC, Manufacturing site, Suppliers.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations
- Ability to work in any of the VE CE life cycle as in Ideation, Evaluation, Execution & Implementation stages of the ideas & projects.
- Responsible and accountable for all Value & Component engineering projects and their implementation through collaborative effort with Engineering teams.
- Responsible to review VE/CE ideas/projects along with Execution teams to deliver business specific VECE targets year over year
- Should drive the Hardware & Mechanics team to review design considering the current technologies in terms of component, materials & process, propose ideations to reduce BoM cost by redesign & optimization.
- Ability to review the electronic circuits to reduce the product cost. Should be able to drive and participate in Cost reduction Idea generation for existing products & perform or support feasibility review of new ideas assigned.
- Good knowledge of analog (opamps, BJT, MOSFET etc…) & digital design (Micro controller’s ADC, DAC, memory devices etc.), knowledge of electronic circuits, power supplies, connectors and subsystems, experience with conditional qualification testing.
- Will own the existing VE/CE process, identify Key Process Improvements (KPI), excel the VE/CE process and drive identified KPIs implementation across businesses to reduce cycle time by 40% over STRAP period
- You will report out the VE/CE progress to ensure senior leadership have clear VE/CE savings forecast, plan and visibility
- You will drive Project Management Practice (schedule, cost & risks management) for all VE/CE projects being executed by execution teams across businesses and enable team to deliver better and faster results
- Mitigate all technical & project management roadblocks and drive implementation of proposed ideations. Ability to predict and quantify design risk in terms existing and new components / proposals.
- Total cost model preparation and approval – collecting project data such as cost of engineering services, capital investment, other services, projects length, etc. and define the Return on Investment.
- Test Plan preparation, Component and Product level Qualification – Prepare the specific Test plan, Support.
- Experience in Value & Component engineering, Design to Cost & Should Costing methodologies.
- Good understanding of Component Change Management Process and PLM tools. Experience in SAP, PDM, Team Center and Agile tool will be added advantage.
- Write a project final report/ project team presentation to the team or management.
- Exposure to full design life cycle in New product development, Prefer knowledge/skills in project management.
- Experience working in an international team with multiple stakeholders, Ability to Multitask, able to efficiently prioritize work and timely inform stakeholders on the progress
- Master’s Degree
- HBT products hardware design/value Engineering/Component Engineering experience would be added advantage
- Have good experience in executing VE/CE projects from Ideation to realization phase
- Demonstrated leadership experience in collaborating and working closely with cross-functional teams seamlessly
- Proven track of leading teams to successful project delivery
- Track record of improving team performance and work practice through team coaching
- Competence to convey subtle or complex messages clearly, as appropriate for the topic and audience
- Proven track record of successful cross functional experiences
- Solid knowledge of specific product and process technologies or broad knowledge of multiple product and process technologies
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done
You Must Have
- Bachelor’s Engineering Degree (Electrical/Electronics & Communication/Mechanical Engineering OR Equivalent etc.)
- Minimum 3+ years of experience and expertise in Hardware Engineering – Hands on experience in Value Engineering & Component Engineering is critical having proven savings track records
- Capability to apply broad knowledge of one professional discipline or advanced knowledge of specific technical/operational practices
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision
- Capability to update or modify working methods in your role by following defined procedures
- Interest and skill to collaborate with engineering functional teams
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity
- Dexterity to evaluate and recommend technical solutions based on standard or accepted technical practices