The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Our Grid Automation hardware, software and services portfolio unites deep domain knowledge and innovative technologies that enable customers across the globe to optimize the critical systems that power, move and connect us. Together, we’re building a more productive and sustainable world.
You will be responsible for testing and commissioning of Power Line Carrier Communication Terminals, Fiber Optic Terminals and Tele Protection Couplers of EHV Substations (above 132 kV Voltage level) at various customer sites. Ensure that the Projects delivered by Hitachi ABB are tested, commissioned and put into service on time, meeting highest Hitachi Energy quality and OHS standards.
Reporting to the Service Manager Communication, you will execute commissioning activities efficiently, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- As a Commissioning engineer, carrying out the testing & Commissioning of PLCC, FOTE & Tele Protection Couplers delivered in various locations within and outside India and actively contribute in the Zonal Service Management team of Grid Automation Systems.
- Executing the project commissioning safely following all safety standards of ABB as well as customer. Reports Hazards, Near Misses at working location back to office for records and further improvement.
- Ensuring that customer relations are managed in an optimal way.
- Carryout the commissioning as per the documented process description and checklists.
- Continuous interactions with Zonal service manager and expert helpline to carry out the site works effectively. Clear MOM to be signed off with customer before leaving the site.
- Reporting the Site progress & Site plan to Zonal Service Manager. Ensure efficient use of the commissioning assets like Testing Instruments, Test kits, Tools, Ferule machines etc.
- Ensuring project information of any project is fully taken from zonal service manager and get fully ready for the project specific site activities before leaving to site.
- Handing over the marked-up drawings to engineering for preparing the As-build drawing and onward submission to customer to close the project.
- Handover the final site backup CD’s, FOTE, DPLCC, DTPC, EPAX Configuration backups and other backup as per the checklist to ZSM.
- Actively and regularly (Compulsory for every project) provides feedback to Testing, Project Management, Engineering and Sales in way that ensures re-usage of experience.
- Follow the key process like Time sheets, compulsory entry of sale order number in TI and return with clear MOM as per standard format.
- Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- A graduate in Electronics and Communication engineering or Electrical and Electronics engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years to Maximum of 4 years of experience in testing and commissioning of PLCC ,FOTE & Tele Protection Couplers, with IEC 495,IEC 663, IEC 60834-1, IEC61850 standards, IEC 101, IEC 104,STM-1/4/64,MPLS-TP,TCP-IP,IEE 802.11,E1,T1 etc is required.
- Good knowledge on communication protocols listed above.
- Good knowledge on IEC61850 standards, Ethernet, Serial communications, E1,T1 etc.
- Good knowledge on communication protocols such as Modbus, DNP 3.0, IEC 101, IEC 104, OPC etc
Good Knowledge in STM-1/4/64, TCP-IP, IEE 802.11, MPLS-TP etc
- Basic Knowledge in wireless communication.
- Competency on networking, configuration of managed Ethernet switches.
- Should be ready for frequent travels all over India and overseas wherever assigned.
- Experience working at customer sites.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong communication skills.