It’s a Mission, not just a Job. As a multi-billion dollar leader of disruptive change in the automotive electronics technology industry, Visteon is shaping the future (while contributing to a cleaner environment) through pioneering innovations in its electrification product lines — including Apps business, electrification control electronics, power electronics and energy storage.
The mission of this role is to design, develop, test and debug reusable software components to build WiFi capabilities in In-Vehicle infotainment systems.
How You Will Spend Your Days
- Review requirement specifications and work along with requirements team to resolve issues in the specification and eventually signoff the specification.
- Create documentations for high level design, detailed design and test plans for the software modules.
- Working with cross-functional teams to develop the necessary software modules to build WiFi capabilities for In-Vehicle infotainment systems in linux and android platforms.
- Interact with cross-functional team within Visteon and as well as with external teams like chipset vendors to resolve dependencies during development and fixing issues across multiple layers of WiFi stack.
- Run static analysis on the software components, analyze and fix errors.
- Interact with hardware teams for board bring up activities, calibration activities and to root cause hardware level issues.
- Perform root cause analysis for the issues observed and resolve issues during development, stability and maintenance phase of the project.
- Develop and integrate tools/scripts to automate testing.
- Run development testing and document the test reports.
- Create efficient reports with respect to software development, issues resolution and testing.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related field in Computer Science or Electronics.
- At least 3 to 6 years of experience in developing software components in WiFi technology for Linux and Android platforms.
- Good Knowledge in WiFi features in In-Vehicle Infotainment systems
- Strong in C, C++, Java programming skills.
- Working experience in Android AOSP / Linux based infotainment and build environments
- Development experience in 802.11n, 802.11ac and 802.11ax standards and security standards like WPA2, WPA3
- Development experience in building WIFI Accespoint, WIFI Station and WIFI direct features.
- Good understanding of Linux and Android network stack
- Proficient in capturing WiFi sniffer logs and analyzing pcap files.
- Execution experience in WIFI Alliance certification
- Creative & strong problem-solving capability resulting in good solution to technical complex software defects
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills