Job Description – Regulatory & Certification Engineer
A Regulator & Certification Engineer shall have expertise in the area of global standards compliance to provide compliance services such as CE, FCC, IC etc. for HBT products.
A compliance engineer will be responsible for proactively managing standards compliance for the products by providing compliance testing using internal lab services and interacting with external certification bodies.
- Compliance expertise in the fields of EMI/EMC, LVD, R&TTE and ROHS
- Develop compliance standards by researching, analyzing and selecting appropriate standards covering the essential certification needs for APAC, EMEA and NA
- Expertise on global standard certifications such as BIS, CE, FCC, IC, C-tick for different products in the fields of commercial, household and industrial
- Knowledge on different standards such as CISPR11/32, FCC Part 15, CISPR25, CISPR16, ANSIC 63.4, CISPR 14, EN/IEC 61000-6-series, EN/ IEC 62368-1,EN / IEC61010 etc. And standards under RED directive
- Organize compliance program by preparing compliance schedule, cost estimates and required resources including test laboratories and equipment.
- Determine compliance by establishing compliance evaluation plan and procedure, witness / perform the compliance tests, measuring product performance against the standards, analyzing and evaluating the findings.
- Responsible for Compliance Test Report by collecting, analyzing and summarizing measurement data and trends.
- Document compliance such as completing approval applications, preparation of technical construction file, preparing and filing Declaration of conformity; maintain compliance database.
- Prevent compliance issues by collaborating with engineering and design teams. Review of design data, participate in product design reviews with respect to compliance. Researching and identifying applicable regulatory compliance standards.
- Develop certification ecosystem (internal / external) covering the essential needs of APAC, EMEA and NA.
- Update standard database by analyzing the change in compliance standards, reading professional publications, interacting with certification bodies etc.
- Maintain product compliance database
- Focus on increasing the productivity by reducing the cycle time through automation, reuse of test plan / test cases, reducing the cost of poor quality etc.
- Enhance engineering and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different standard requests, exploring opportunities to add value in job accomplishments.
- Knowledge on 5S, HSE and ISO17025
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instrumentation, Electronics, Electrical Engineering.
- Relevant experience of 7+ years in the area of compliance to standards
Additional Technical skills
- Knowledge on EMI/EMC, Wireless Product testing, Product Safety, Environmental testing, Product compliance expertise on CE, FCC, IC, RCM etc.
- Compliance Test plan preparation and execution,
- Experience of DOC documentation preparation and application,
- Good in strategic planning
- Should have proven ability to make and meet commitments
- Should be results oriented
- Should have strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Ability to accept responsibility of task
- Ability to adhere to team objectives
- Ability to drive initiatives and propose new processes
- Ability to work in a trans-cultural environment and to adhere to a team culture
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Strong communication skills
- Good problem-solving skills
You Must Have
Bachelors degree in engineering
- Some relevant experience
- Deep understanding of a variety of hardware engineering standards and specifications
- Capability to complete demanding assignments by applying advanced hardware engineering methods and tools
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams to deliver optimal solutions
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions and balancing
- Clearly and concisely convey subtle or complex messages to a variety of audiences
- Capability to follow guidelines and ensure efficiency on given project tasks