If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals. This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Performs design, simulation and implementation of different types of power electronic converters: Inverters, DCDC converters, On-board charger. Optimization studies of different converter topologies with respect to losses, device sizing and selection.
- Design of analog and digital electronics including micro-processors/controllers, DSP’s, gate drivers, sensor interfaces and SMPS for power conversion and protection. Designing, developing and testing power electronics platforms and systems for power distribution applications in hybrid and electric vehicles
- Should be able to work on digital Communication protocols like CAN, RS232, SPI, I2C etc. Should handle hardware system design including end to end product development involving complex analog & digital circuit design with 16/32 /64 bit microcontrollers based designs, development, launch support. Interface with Business Unit (BU) engineers to drive strong business cases for new commercial applications
- Collaborate with mechanical, layout, and firmware engineers to successfully develop and validate the designs up to and including certification and product launch. Utilizes the support of model-based development processes, automated testing, verification & validation tools.
- Ability to Analyze and predict design performance using Simulation tools, Analytical Skills etc. Ensure Design Robustness through application of DFSS Methodology identifying and meeting CTQ’s, Ability to generate subsystem and system level P Diagrams, FMEA. Should use DFSS tools & preferably Green Belt Certified.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Electronics and Communicaiton/ Instrumentation
3+ years of experience
- Minimum 3 years of related engineering experience in power electronics designs and product development.
- Experience in analyzing, designing and testing of different topologies of power electronics converters (inverters, dc-dc converters)
- Through understanding and experience in gate driver circuits, analysis and optimization for IGBT and MOSFETs
- Hands-on experience with power converter development and testing and with control strategies of electric drives for traction or DCDC converters
- Experience in hardware system design including end to end product development involving analog & digital circuit design with 16/32 /64 bit microcontroller based designs, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification testing, launch support.
- Exposure / Hands on experience on Digital Communication protocols like CAN, LIN, RS232, SPI, I2C etc.
- Modeling, simulation and analysis experience with tools like Matlab/Simulink, SPICE, PSIM tools
- Through understanding, experience and strong knowledge of EMI / EMC standards
- Should have strong knowledge of DFSS tools & preferably Green Belt Certified
- Drive & track OTD, CTQ maturity, FPY & QOS on key growth programs
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in designing, developing and testing analog, digital, and power circuits