The NI (National Instruments) Semiconductor & Electronics BU (SEBU) Systems R&D group has an immediate opening for a Systems Architect.
This group works on a wide variety of projects from creating system-level hardware and software components for systems like the Semiconductor Test System (STS) or Wafer Level Reliability (WLR) to creating system reference architectures for applications such as 5G mmWave Over-The-Air Front-End Module Characterization or Semiconductor Device Control.
In addition to system design and development, our group is also responsible for the exploration of new and emerging application areas to help in the definition of future offerings, while collaborating with Sales, Offering Management, and Manufacturing.
This role will be an Opportunity-focused internal technical consultant, developer of pursuit accelerators and first-of-a-kind systems, internal trainer, issue firefighter for major opportunities, and an internal voice of the user.
This position will focus primarily on mixed-signal validation test application architectures for large scale parallel SMU (Source measure Unit) test systems, mixed-signal IC power validation and LCR device-level measurements. Defining validation procedures for common mixed-signal blocks such as data converters (ADC/DAC), voltage regulators (LDOs and Switchers), microcontrollers (MCU) and interface protocols. In this role, the Systems R&D Engineer will provide subject matter expertise for customer DUTs and system architectural design guidance for Automated Design Validation solutions.
- Develop imaginative, thorough, and practical systems for new technology inflection points focusing primarily on Mixed Signal Semiconductor Automated Design Validation lab environment.
- Develop reference code/patterns/architectures for new, first of a kind, or leading-edge technology engagements.
- Drive system completion and IP (such as measurements and features) for re-use in the base system during the course of an opportunity.
- Create/teach opportunity pursuit best practices to internal pursuit teams including topics such as Test Time Reduction (TTR), test cell integration, characterization, etc.
- Improves the system through feedback on application requirements to Offering Managers, System & Component teams, Tests system in development to make sure it meets customer needs, refines IP to be re-usable for future opportunities.
- Represent SEBU in technical discussions with customers.
- Review an opportunity’s technical plans to reduce risk and align pursuit to best practices and meet customer needs to make them successful.
- Ensure IP developed by other internal organizations is standardized for future re-use.
- Accelerate opportunity pursuits by acting as the technical expert for opportunity specific escalations from Application Engineering or Engineering Services.
- Provide the necessary training and support to help others be efficient at using the offering/system.
- For offerings in development, acts as the key R&D point of contact for customer engagements and be the “voice of the customer” by providing feedback internally to the system development & product development R&D teams.
- Drive long term growth by building relationships, creating strategies, and facilitating technology collaboration with strategic customers.
- Travel (~30%), including international trips
B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering
Minimum 8 years of experience in test system design focused on DC, power, audio, MEMS or digital semiconductors inclusive of:
- System-level architecture and board-level design
- EDA and Silicon design flow experience
- Strong working knowledge of SMUs (Source measure Unit), power supply applications, electrical measurements best practices, specifications and uncertainty derivations
- Hands-on development and debugging skills in either C#, Python, LabVIEW or TestStand.
- Familiarity with Pre-Silicon verification methodology, Post-Silicon validation concepts, test plans, post-Silicon validation environment, and test writing/debug
- Experience in using lab equipment such as Oscilloscopes, Protocol Analysers, Mid-bus Probes, Logic Analysers, JTAG based Debuggers etc.
- Possess team skills and has the ability to work independently.
- Strong analytical skills and practical problem-solving skills.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Strong proven interpersonal skills and commitment to teamwork and a “can-do” spirit.
- Collaboration skills and ability to communicate cross-functionally.
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills, English language competency
- Proficient in PCB design and component selection for effective board-level design. Should be able to design HW interfaces to interact with the device under test (DUT).
- Experience in Perl / Python/Shell scripting for automating lab data collection
- Experience in silicon bring-up, debug in the lab.
- Prior experience on semiconductor ATE platforms.
- Experience interfacing with semiconductor handlers and probers.
Company: National Instruments
The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.