The Job is closed. Check the latest active jobs here.
Company: General Electric
Job Description Summary
Are you a professional with technical background – and eager to work in a role where you can make a big difference with your contribution? Join us now, as a Application Engineering Manager for FACTS Tampere Operations team.
Grid Solutions delivers reactive power compensators such as Static Synchronous Compensators (STATCOM) and Static Var Compensators (SVC), on which we are the global Centre of Excellence (CoE). These systems are used to control power system voltage and reactive power flow as well as to improve the power system stability and transmission system efficiency. Via our projects, you truly have a chance to make the world a better place by helping our global customers in saving vital energy and securing stable electricity distribution.
In this position, you will be an integral- and integrating part of our global Operations -team (OTR). You will be responsible of leading and overseeing engineering activities of the international FACTS projects from sales to project execution until to handover to after sales organization. You’ll have the overall responsibility of the engineering coordination activities of the named project(s) in close cooperation with the project manager, project engineering team, and sub-contractors. The project engineering manager role includes also coordination and co-operation of the other multicultural GE units participating to the project over the globe.
Your duties would comprise of:
- Management of overall design activities, project design budget, defining the design quality plan, implementing design change process, supervising and coordinating all engineering tasks required to execute the project, whether in house or by suppliers/subcontractors, and ensure technical coordination of the project.
- Management of project engineering deliverables in accordance to the given budget and delivery time.
- Integrating internal- and external stakeholders, incl. customers, towards the common goal
- Scope management and securing that the various interfaces are seamless, no gaps or duplicates
- Guiding customers to right direction and securing the projects goals by efficient change management
- Internal and external communication and reporting
- Participation to continuous development of project engineering management procedures, methods and tools
To succeed in this job, you should have a degree in Engineering (Automation and Electrical Engineering or Power Electronics) and/or equivalent knowledge and experience from:
- Several years of experience on engineering management on delivery projects
- Successful experience in management of multi-disciplinary teams with multiple interfaces and with products coming from several countries
- Good understanding of engineering management tools (example, Jira, SVN)
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to travel
- Strong technical problem-solving skills & experience
You will have already some working experience in an international environment, but above all we expect you to be a self-starter with high level of flexibility, resilience and self-learning attitude. As a person, you are a solid team-player with good prioritizing, communication and interpersonal skills. Previous experience on electrical substations or -equipment is a advantage.