Neutrik FIBERFOX expanded beam fiber optic connectors can operate in harsh conditions and can meet military specifications.
Fiber optic cables provide high-speed data connectivity but its sensitivity is a very huge concern. As the optic cables are made from either glass or plastic material, they are more susceptible to any damage. And resolving the damages in fiber cables is a challenging task as well.
Neutrik has announced the launch of FIBERFOX Expanded Beam Fiber Optic connectors designed to operate in harsh conditions and are compatible with all MIL-DTL-83526 military type connectors. FIBERFOX bridge receptacles can be easily integrated into your IT environment by allowing simple standard LC Patch Cables to be plugged into the rear of the chassis.
The FIBERFOX connectors utilize non-physical contact fiber optic termini that are IP68 sealed behind an anti-reflective coated ball lens. The hermaphroditic connectors are capable of both front and rear-mounting. The connector eliminates the need for adaptors and female and male mating halves. The system is available in multi-mode in both 2-channel and 4-channel variants, with either configuration compatible with the other configuration, and other MIL-DTL-83526 specified systems.
- Suitable for installation and wireways without special tools
- No splicer, no expertise required for installation
- Easy patching with common patch Cords (LC to LC, LC to SC, and LC to ST)
- Extremely service-friendly
- Integration of other fiber optic systems into FIBERFOX
- Very compact design that fits in every D-hole just like opticalCON.
- IP68 Waterproof even without a protective cap, optimized for outdoor use
FIBERFOX can withstand in excess of 10,000 mating cycles without maintenance or insertion loss and can be cleaned using just canned air, clean water and a lint-free cloth. In addition to fitting into D Shape cutouts, FIBERFOX bridge receptacles are suitable for use with standard LC Patch Cables.