New instrument series combines high-performance signal generation capabilities with an intuitive user interface
With the introduction of the SGX1000 RF Signal Generator by Wireless Telecom Group, Inc., users can now receive ultra-fine frequency resolution, lightning-fast frequency switching, ultra-low phase noise and jitter, and superior reliability. The SGX1000 is built on the latest Boonton instrument platform that offers an easy-to-use modern interface in a compact form factor, bringing high-performance signal generation at an affordable price for broad use in the semiconductor, military, aerospace, medical, and communications industries.
The SGX1000 series covers a frequency range from 10 MHz to 18 GHz and provides superior performance in several areas including
- 6 µs frequency switching
- Phase noise of -123 dBc/Hz at 3 GHz with a 10 kHz offset
- 55 fs jitter
The instrument’s intuitive user interface with a multi-touch display offers easy access to controls for performing frequency and power sweeps as well as configure amplitude, frequency, phase and pulse modulation settings to address a wide variety of test requirements.
- Frequency range: 10 MHz to 18 GHz
- Output power range: -70 to +20 dBm
- AM/FM/θM and pulse modulation
- 10/100 MHz reference input
- Multi-touch, touchscreen
- Lightning fast – Maximum switching speed: 6 µs /100µs
- Ultra-low phase noise (3 GHz, 10 kHz offset) -123 dBc/Hz (typ)
- Ultra-low jitter: 55 fs (typ)
- Excellent amplitude accuracy (as low as -70 dBm): +/-0.25 dB (typ)
- Superior reliability – MTBF (synthesiser module): >240,000
“It offers users the ability to generate a variety of RF signals with superior performance and touchscreen simplicity. The powerful instrument provides the perfect complement to Boonton’s industry-leading RF power measurement equipment,” said Walt Strickler, General Manager of Boonton.