Littelfuse, Inc., an industrial technology manufacturing company empowering a sustainable, connected, and safer world, announced the latest release of four versatile circuit protection devices in the eFuse Protection ICs product line.
The latest eFuse Protection ICs utilize an innovative design ideal for a wide range of
power inputs (3.3V to 28V) with highly integrated protection. These semiconductor-
based electronic fuses provide robust overvoltage, overcurrent, short circuit, and inrush
current protection. Additional features include reverse current blocking, under voltage
lockout (UVLO), soft start, and overtemperature protection with real-time diagnostics —
all in one compact chip.
The latest eFuse Protection ICs are ideal for use in a wide range of electronics designs,
|5V Applications||12V Applications||24V-28V Applications|
|Portable electronics||SSD/HDD||USB Type-C PD|
|Bluetooth devices||Switch routers||Power tools|
|USB Type-C cables||Telecom||POS|
|Internet of Things||Appliances||Building|
“The expanded eFuse Protection ICs product line delivers clear performance advantages for electronics designers,” said Bernie Hsieh, Assistant Product Manager of the Protection Semiconductor Business team at Littelfuse. “Compared to traditional fuse, PTCs, power switches, and discrete solutions like Schottky diode and MOSFET combinations, the eFuses provide exceptional integration, adjustability, flexibility, and reliable protection features in highly compact form factors that save PC board space.”
The eFuse Protection ICs offer the following key benefits:
- Accuracy and integration – Provide faster response time, highly accurate current
limiting, and more integrated protection, control, and sensing features than
traditional fuses and PTCs.
- Programmable and customized, designed to user request – Incorporates more
flexibility including adjustable overvoltage threshold, current limiting, and inrush
current, along with accurate reverse current blocking compared to conventional
- Speeds up time-to-market – Reduces the design-in phase, printed circuit board
(PCB) space requirements, BOM cost, and time-to-market in comparison to typical
discrete solutions (e.g., hot-swap controller + MOSFET).
- Maximize Equipment Uptime – Improves product reliability, increases battery life,
lowers repair costs, and lengthens overall product lifetime.
The latest additions to the eFuse Protection ICs are available in the following series:
- LS0504EDD12 – 5V, 4A, low Ron power distribution load switch, DFN1.2×1.6
- LS12052BD33 – 18V, 5A, overvoltage and blocking FET control, DFN2x2
- LS2405IDD23 – 24V, 5A, very low forward voltage diode, low profile 8 lead DFN 2×3
- LS24062RQ23 – 28V, 6A, bidirectional, dual port independent current limit setting,
16 lead QFN 2.5×3.2 package
The eFuse Protection ICs are available in tape and reel format in quantities of 3,000
(LS2405IDD23, LS0504EDD12) or 5,000 (LS12052BD33, LS24062RQ23).