Meets wide-ranging demand for advanced wireless audio use cases and end-to-end support for forthcoming Bluetooth LE Audio standard
Designed to provide rich wireless audio, the QCC305x SoCs strengthen many premium audio technologies. The QCC305x also looks to support the forthcoming Bluetooth Low Energy Audio standard, so that early-adopting OEMs can begin to develop an end-to-end implementation with smartphones and truly wireless earbuds supporting the exciting new audio sharing use case.
The QCC305x offers robust connectivity, low-power optimisation, and rich feature integration necessary to support audio applications, as well as provide access to a wide choice of differentiating audio technologies for this new era of truly wireless audio.
“We are entering a new era for the expanding truly wireless earbud category, which is diversifying at a terrific rate bringing new use-cases and feature enrichment to products in virtually all tiers,” said James Chapman, vice president, and general manager, Voice, Music, and Wearables, Qualcomm Technologies International, Ltd. “Not only do QCC305x SoCs bring many latest and greatest audio features to mid-range truly wireless earbud portfolio, but they are also designed to be developer-ready for the upcoming Bluetooth LE Audio standard. We believe this combination gives great flexibility to innovate at a range of price points for all sorts of entertainment and productivity activities.”
Premium audio technologies available with the QCC305x include:
- Sharing from one smartphone to multiple wireless listeners at the same time – looking to meet the forthcoming Bluetooth LE Audio standard.
- Voice service support with always-on wake word activation or button press activation to assist with total hands-free earbud control
- Noise cancellation for superior sound quality while mitigating for differences in fit and activity of the user
- Up to 96Khz audio resolution, for high-quality listening and low latency streaming while watching videos or gaming
- Echo cancellation and noise suppression for voice clarity on calls
Bluetooth LE Audio is a new industry standard that will extend the capabilities of classic Bluetooth and offer up new possibilities for wireless audio use cases, with capabilities such as broadcast, multicast and audio sharing.
“The Bluetooth community continues to drive the technology forward to meet evolving market needs and create new opportunities,” said Mark Powell, CEO of Bluetooth SIG. “LE Audio is a prime example. Not only will it enhance the performance of existing Bluetooth audio products, but it also introduces Audio Sharing, a new audio use case poised to transform the way we experience audio and connect with the world around us.”