Enhances the functionality and operability of product development in the automobile, mechatronics and electronics industries
In recent years, there has been a growing demand in the electric vehicle and renewable energy markets for motors, inverters and photovoltaic units that reduce power consumption and enable highly efficient power conversion. For the development of electric vehicles, for example, it is necessary to simultaneously acquire control signals, communication data and NVH signals at multiple points over long timeframes.
Here’s presenting the DL950 ScopeCorder, a high-precision data acquisition system that enhances the functionality and operability of new product development in the automobile, mechatronics and electronics industries.
ScopeCorder series data acquisition systems combine the functions of oscilloscopes and data recorders for wide use in the development and maintenance of mechatronic equipment.
Up to five DL950 units can be connected for synchronised measurement, making it possible to simultaneously measure and display weight, pressure, displacement, vibration, torque and other parameters for data analysis.
The addition of the two new input modules, namely the 720212, which is capable of reading data at 200 mega-samples per second (MS/s) and the 720256, which can read data from four input channels at 10 MS/s, allow the DL950 to meet high-speed multi-input measurement demands.
- Product quality improvement and measurement over long periods with high-speed sampling and data transmission
When 8 Giga points of memory are installed, the 720212 input module acquires data at a 200 MS/s rate for up to 20 seconds. Exceeding the capabilities of previously available input modules, this enables the capture of greater amounts of signal data on transitive changes and noise characteristics generated by the latest mechatronics devices.
When used in combination with 10 gigabit Ethernet functionality and the newly released IS8000 integrated measurement software, it is possible to transfer data at up to 10 MS/s to a PC for display and storage. Furthermore, the flash acquisition function enables data to be read at up to 20 MS/s for long-term storage in the DL950’s embedded non-volatile memory. This is useful for in-vehicle measurements in situations where the use of a PC is not possible due to space or security restrictions (such as in an automobile or on a train) or for high-speed sampling and long timeframe measurements in power plants.
- Simultaneous measurement of a wide variety of mechanical parameters that improve product design efficiency and evaluation
The DL950 has eight slots for module attachment, while the 720256 input module has four input channels. When a 720256 module is mounted in each of the eight slots on the DL950, the simultaneous measurement of up to 32 channels is possible and data from each channel can be acquired and recorded at 10 MS/s. Also, measurements by up to five DL950 units can be synchronised by connecting them with an optical fibre cable.
The DL950 achieves accurate synchronised measurement with other measuring instruments as well. With these features, the DL950 is capable of simultaneous measurement of a wide variety of mechanical parameters needed to improve efficiency in product design and evaluation.
- Large touch panel display and wizard-format menus for ease of use
Equipped with a large touch panel display, the DL950 facilitates easy and intuitive viewing of detailed waveform images. It also retains the same mechanical buttons, knobs and other control panel features used in previous models, giving users a wider range of choices on how to operate the display.
Major Target Markets
- Electric/hybrid vehicles, car electronics components
- Power, energy, electrical, and inversion devices
- Mechatronics, including industrial robots and motors
- Design and evaluation of electric and electronic circuits
- Simultaneous measurement of analogue signals in automotive electronics including changing trends in CAN, CAN FD and other such information sent over an in-vehicle bus in CASE development and battery power consumption
- Electrical analysis and control signal evaluation in power electronics
- Simultaneous measurement and evaluation of temperature, vibration, and other mechanical signals that change relatively slowly as well as mechatronic and other such high-speed control signals
Yokogawa Test & Measurement Corporation offers the DL950 together with other products such as oscilloscopes and power analysers to provide total solutions that help reduce power consumption and improve power conversion efficiency in products.
By Q3 of this year, Yokogawa will also release an optional flash acquisition function for the storage of high-sampling-rate data in embedded non-volatile memory.