- Vishay Intertechnology’s P-channel MOSFET reduces voltage drops and minimizes conduction power losses for enabling high power density
- Increased power density saves space for switching applications by reducing the number of components
Vishay Intertechnology has introduced a 30 V P-channel power MOSFET, the SiRA99DP that offers on-resistance of 1.7 mΩ at 10 V. With its industry-low on-resistance and 6.15 mm by 5.15 mm thermally enhanced PowerPAK® SO-8 single package, the device is adept at increasing the power density.
The low on-resistance of the MOSFET reduces voltage drops and minimizes conduction power losses for enabling high power density. Combined with an ultra-low gate charge of 84 nC, the SiRA99DP delivers best in class gate charge times on-resistance, a critical figure of merit (FOM) for MOSFETs used in switching applications, of 185 mΩ*nC.
Ideal for circuits with a 12 V input, the device is optimized for:
- Adaptor, battery and general-purpose power switches,
- Reverse-polarity battery protection
- OR-ing functionality
- Motor drive control in telecom equipment, servers, and industrial PCs and robots.
The SiRA99DP’s increased power density saves PCB space in these applications by reducing the number of components needed in parallel i.e. delivering more current per individual device. Also, as a P-channel MOSFET, the device doesn’t require a charge pump to provide the positive gate bias needed by its N-channel counterparts.
The MOSFET is 100 per cent RG- and UIS-tested, RoHS-compliant, and halogen-free. Samples and production quantities of the SiRA99DP are available now.