Sales Development Representative
Internal: Product Marketing, Marketing Communication, Customer Service Representative, Planner, CQA Engineer, Manufacture Engineer.
External: Customers and distributors
To meet or exceed YOY sales (both actual revenue, Salesforce oppotunity revenue pipeline and Variable Pocket Margin) under assigned industry or accounts through a series of financial and non-financial goals set by the Sales Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
Early Sales Development Activities:
- Marketing Campaigns both direct (through Molex Marcom) or indirect partnering with distributors.
- Lead Generation and Management in Salesforce from nurturing to prospecting.
- Identify the product gaps of the assigned customers and work with product division to propose or to match the customer requirement or market technologies trend through customers’ TAM/SAM analysis as well as data reference from sales intelligence.
- Customer mapping with distributors to continuously identify new opportunities and focus customers.
- Identifying new market, application, new trending demand through research, news or customers feedback.
- Identify opportunity from customer inquiries or Leads from MLQ or distribution channels to find out the potentials by contacting the customers, qualifying, nurturing into new customer or disqualifying the opportunity after filtering their prospect.
- Support customers’ RFQ, periodic business review which includes price negotiation, new opportunity, and business award.
- Drive incremental counts in Salesforce opportunity creation for project with total Molex.
- Provide related documents (sales drawing, product specification, testing report, etc.) and samples of existing product through Case Management and create PDR when necessary.
- Manage project qualification process and support customer in all requirements to make sure we are on-track to successful conversion of revenue.
- Propose preliminary RFQ package to be accepted by customer. Ensure Molex product and design approved in the BOM as AVL (Approved Vendor List) by tracking opportunity conversion rate through bookings and orders.
- Confirm design and business win then maintain opportunities and pipelines the Salesforce.
- Prepare sales call/customer visit, periodic business review and monthly sales reports.
- Share market and industry insight through information gather from distributors and customer in regular update of the upside opportunity and downside risk with detail information to DSM/RSM.
- Review RFQ, price negotiation, new opportunity and business award. Responsible in raising front end ZGQV for Special Price (SPA) Request and Renewal, execution of BU pricing optimization strategies to protect Molex profit and ensure Molex stays relevant with regards to pricing against competition.
- Build strong relationship with customer key decision-makers across different functional groups and Molex distributors to grow Molex brand awareness with them.
- Build a strong project pipeline of the assigned key customers by maximizing Molex footprint in new/existing programs.
- Track major project status and manage forecast then upload ZAPO, work with planning team/plant for supply/capacity support.
- Analyze order trend, review Customer/distributor inventory status to ensure sufficient backlogs.
- Coordinate PCN, QN and Customer qualification and approval for post PCN parts.
- Manage environmental and engineering drawing requests through Salesforce Case Management as well as direct enquiries.
- Manage all contracts with customers, including negotiates general T&C with customers on payment terms, shipping terms etc.
- Mitigate AR and tariff related issues with Finance team.
- Negotiate potential liabilities, =slow and excess (S&E) inventory.
- Regular review with distributor partners, maintain & increase order share in targeted accounts and review new business opportunities, focus customers with them on regular basis in QBR (Quarterly Business Review) and Monthly review.
- Support company’s initiatives on Social Responsibility, TS16949, ISO9001/14001, TQM, Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.
- Grow in value creation to the company, promoting and exercising MBM guiding principles and cultures.
Minimum Bachelor Degree holder or its equivalent.
Engineering background with major subjects of Electronics/Electrical/telecommunication
- 2-3 years sales experience in electronics industry is preferred.
- Experience in design-in with OEMs/ODMs will be an added advantage.
- Must have proven track records and contacts with key decision maker/influencer and other executives within the industry.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
Skills and Abilities
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contracts to respond positively to situations.
- Strong organization skills to anticipate, plan, organize and self-monitor workload.
- Good presentation skills that demonstrate the ability to prepare and deliver concise and effective presentations to customers and Molex personnel.
- Bilingual in English & Chinese with good communication skills that show the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely orally and in writing.
- Basic PC skills.
- Working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet, PowerPoint and word processing software.