R9A06G150 is an application-specific signal processor that allows engineers to quickly and easily integrate voice recognition into their products.
R9A06G150 is the first RISC-V MCU from Renesas that is designed for voice-controlled HMI (human-machine interface) systems. The R9A06G150 is a 32-bit ASSP (Application Specific Signal Processor) that eliminates the requirement for RISC-V tools and upfront software investment, therefore, making it a cost-effective, production-ready voice-control system solution. Furthermore, the new ASSP supports multiple languages and user-defined keywords for voice-recognition operations. The R9A06G150 is suitable for use in applications such as residential and commercial building automation, home appliances, toys and healthcare devices.
The Renesas R9A06G150 is based on a 100MHz CPU with digital signal processing (DSP) instructions. It is a specialized audio PDM and SSI interface that offers seamless connection to microphones and codecs, moreover, this HMI solution has low power consumption and is compatible with cheap analog microphones and outputs too. R9A06G150 is pre-programmed using specialized application code developed by independent design houses while the R9A06G150 voice-control HMI ASSP is based on RISC-V processing IP from Andes Technology Corp.
“Renesas continues to broaden our RISC-V MCU/MPU offering, in this case by delivering designers an innovative voice-command HMI with pre-developed software that shortens development time and time to market,” said Roger Wendelken, Senior Vice President in Renesas’ IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit. “Through close collaboration with the RISC-V partner ecosystem, this flexible, scalable ASSP solution allows customers interested in voice control to support different application classes on the same MCU hardware platform.”
Key Features of the R9A06G150 Voice-Control HMI ASSP Solution
• 100MHz CPU with DSP instructions, floating-point extension and cost-optimized specification
• Specialized audio PDM & SSI I/F for seamless connection to microphones and codecs
• Compatible with low-cost analog microphones and outputs
• Low power consumption helps end products to save energy for a greener environment through optimal mix of lowest active current, reduced standby current, background operation, SRAM power-off choices, fast wakeup, low power timers
• Controlled by external host I/F via SCI/Uart, SPI, I3C or I2C
• Small package support for cost and integration effectiveness (QFN 48, 32, 24)
• 256KB program flash, 128KB RAM, 16KB data flash
• QSPI interface for easy memory expansion
• Complete reference kit: hardware, software, tools, hardware/software datasheets, GUI manual, app notes
Renesas Electronics Corporation develops and manufactures products for embedded processing, analog, power and connectivity to deliver complete semiconductor solutions. The company caters to a wide variety of markets including automotive, industrial, infrastructure and IoT applications, etc.